20 HABITS TO BE A SUCCESSFUL POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE MOST FEMININE WAY
Are you curious about the qualities that make a successful woman leader? Do you wonder if leaders are born or made? Have you ever considered the mindset of women in positions of power, and the habits they cultivate?
If so, read on for 20 habits that can help you become a successful woman in your own right.
1. Believe in YOU - As a woman, it's important to have confidence and believe in yourself. With the right mindset, you can achieve anything you set your minds to, whether it's becoming a leader, entrepreneur, writer, or pursuing any other goal. Building self-belief is the key to success, and with it, everything else will fall into place.
2. It is never too late - As women, we may feel hesitant to embark on a new journey in the corporate world or as entrepreneurs, thinking that it may be too late. However, there is no set timeline for achieving your goals. Each person's journey is unique, and you should not compare yourself to others. Life is not a race, and pursuing your dreams is always possible. Don't let fear hold you back from pursuing your passions.
3. Build a mindset of growth -Having knowledge is powerful and being a great leader means always being willing to learn and embracing discomfort. You grow by stepping out of your comfort zones. When you hear a voice inside of you urging you to try something new, follow it. Remember the wise words of Joseph Campbell: "The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."
4. Learn from failures - Life is full of setbacks and challenges, but it's crucial to recognize them as opportunities for growth and redirection.
Rejection, failure, and mistakes may happen, but they don't define us. You must remember that everything happens for a reason, and just because you don't achieve something you want right now, doesn't mean you won't eventually. Perhaps the timing isn't right, or something even better is waiting for you in the future. Keep pushing forward and always strive for growth.
5. Setting boundaries- As women, we often face the challenge of trying to please everyone around us while neglecting our own needs. You may be afraid to say "no" out of fear that it may damage your relationships or result in negative opinions of yours. However, it is important to establish healthy boundaries to protect yourself and your needs, and to build resilience. This can involve simple steps such as saying "no" when something is not serving your needs, valuing your own opinions before others, and choosing yourself first.
6. Be authentic - In today's world, many of us feel pressure to conform to certain roles. We strive to be the perfect spouse, employee, or child, but in doing so, we often sacrifice our authenticity and values. It's important to remember that being true to yourself is the key to building genuine relationships with others. Don't try to mimic someone else's role - be yourself, because no one else can be you.
7. Take risks - In finance, it's often said that higher risks lead to higher returns. Therefore, don't miss out on an opportunity just because it seems risky. Seizing an opportunity can uncover many advantages and untapped potentials that you may not have discovered otherwise. To be successful, it's important you take risks. However, it's also important to calculate risks by weighing the pros and cons.
8. Be vocal - Women are frequently silenced and considered bossy or difficult to manage if they speak their minds. However, based on my own experience, it's essential for us to use our voices to speak out against unfairness and wrongdoing. By being vocal, we become advocates and allies for ourselves and for the other women around us. When we stand up for ourselves, we also pave the way for other women who may be hesitant to speak up.
9. Find a mentor - In life, we often require guidance and direction, and there's no better way to obtain it than from a co-worker, friend, or even a stranger. Personally, my closest mentors are my friends whom I refer to as Friendtors (a combination of friend and mentor).
One can acquire a wealth of wisdom and knowledge from a mentor. They lend an ear and assist in finding a way forward when one feels lost. If you're searching for a mentor, seek out those you admire and are inspired by, and don't hesitate to initiate a conversation.
10. Be part of the community - You don't have to strive for leadership alone. Many other women are also working towards becoming leaders. One way to support and motivate each other is to join communities such as Women in Leadership or other non-profit organizations. The beauty of these communities is that you'll find many like-minded women pursuing the same goal. Being in a room full of bold, fearless, and driven women can be energizing and empowering, making you feel capable of achieving anything. Remember, women supporting women is key. So, surround yourself with amazing women.
11. Investing In Yourself - Remember that you are your most valuable asset. At times, we get so caught up in our our daily routines that we neglect to invest in ourselves, our development, and our progress. Whether it's taking a cooking class, a salsa lesson,, or a virtual course at Harvard, the best investment you can make is in yourself. This type of investment is something that cannot be taken away from you.
12. Take care of your health - It's important to prioritize taking care of yourself, including your body, mind, and soul. Try practicing mindfulness, meditating, and working out regularly to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
13. Pamper yourself - It's important to take time to recharge yourself. If you feel like taking a break from everything and having a night to yourself, go for it! You deserve it. Disconnect from social media, emails, and phone calls and just spend some quality time alone. Whether it's enjoying a glass of wine and a book in a bubble bath or doing something else you enjoy, this is your time to focus on yourself.
14. Celebrate your achievements, small or big - Have you recently completed a work project, task, or course that you've been avoiding for a while? Don't forget to celebrate your achievement, no matter how big or small it may be. Take the time to appreciate and acknowledge your hard work by treating yourself to an ice cream, sharing your success with a friend, or even announcing it to the world!
15. Practic gratitude - Women who achieve success often show gratitude for their daily lives by practicing journaling twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening. They find joy in the small things and are content with their lives. Research suggests that practicing gratitude can help reduce anxiety and depression while maintaining a positive outlook throughout the day.
16. Try something new each day - Challenge yourself by doing something new every day. Treat each day as a chance to learn and discover something. Interested in meeting new neighbourhood? Give it a go. Want to try a new restaurant? Why not? Stay curious and keep your mind active by exploring everything the world has to offer.
17. Set goals and do a monthly, quarterly and yearly check up - Women who are successful set SMART goals every year. They keep track of their progress and do regular check-ins to ensure they are on track. By setting goals, they take responsibility and accountability for their objectives, which helps them achieve what they want in life.
18. Create a a vision board - We all have aspirations and objectives that we hope to achieve in life. To realize your desired future self and attain the life you envision, it is recommended that you create a vision board and display it in a prominent location where you can frequently see it and be reminded of your goals. Research has confirmed that vision boards can aid in manifesting our desired outcomes in life.
19. Aim Big - In life, there is nothing we can't achieve. If we want to run a business or become a successful CEO, we can make it happen. Successful women set big goals for themselves and pursue them with determination, persistence, and confidence. They're not afraid of failure and are willing to work tirelessly to reach their aspirations.
20. You create your own motivation - Motivate yourself by using self-affirmation and mantras. If you experience a setback, don't let it demoralize you. Instead, find a way to get back up and keep moving forward. External motivators aren't necessary to stay motivated. Look within yourself to find your own motivation. It's up to you to discover it.
Unlock your full potential and unleash the power within you with these 20 powerful habits. Stay true to your feminine nature while taking control of your life and achieving your goals with confidence. You are capable of achieving anything you set your mind to, so embrace your true potential as a successful and confident woman.
Urmi is the Social Media Lead for the WIL Victoria Chapter. Read her "Power 5" Interview HERE.